Monday 2 April 2012

Lobster


Happy April! Recently I've been rediscovering my love of type (as if it really ever went away). A little while ago I also rediscovered my love for the work of Lewis Carroll when I acquired a lovely copy of his entire works from an antique shop, and while reading through Alice in Wonderland I came across an interesting nonsense poem during Alice's encounter with the Mock-Turtle and the Gryphon. The illustration above takes the first two lines of the poem, and frankly it was a bonus opportunity to draw a lobster. Turns out I really like drawing crustaceans. 

In the near future I will also be sharing some exciting news that has been keeping me busy over the past couple of weeks. enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love it :) The print work on the lobster works perfectly :) It looks so shiny hehe and the type is stunning- you're such a whizz-kid with type hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Thankyou! Yeah I was deffo feeling the print love for the lobster crust, ty for sharing this post for me! :)

    ReplyDelete