Sunday 15 May 2011

New York, New York


It is 2am, and I am struggling to find things to do. In half an hour I will walk down the hill to the coach - the coach that is taking me to Heathrow, to the plane. That plane will touch down in JFK. I am going to New York.

I am literally hopping - I've got spotify on with Frank Sinatra singing about that big juicy Apple that I am about to bite into.

If you can't tell, I'M EXCITED! MY flatmates have gone to bed so I am singing to myself while I wait. I am looking forward to so many things, I have waited such a long time to go to this place that I am also beyond nervous. I have lots of post cards to write to my jealous but excited-for-me friends! We are going to see some great people in the industry to get some feedback on our portfolios to help us grow and give us a great end to our degree.

I am not however looking forward to the weather that is apparently going to pelt onto the city - hoping that mother nature can sort out the storms! It won't dampen the trip in any way though.

Sorry about the lack of illustration here as I have nothing new since finishing/printing my current portfolio. When I get back (and after I post literally a thousand photos on here) I will be preparing to do my final year show, so I will make sure I share that final experience.

How do you say see you next week in American? oh right

see you next week!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment