Sunday 12 December 2010

catch-up

Recently for some reason I've been unable to upload photos so I haven't done a post in a little while, so here's a little selection of stuff.

I finished my first term of third year on Friday, the last winter term I will ever do in education, unless I do an MA of course. Pretty scary stuff! Have been working on a project based on the subject of burlesque and I have been painting, may put up a little thumbnail from that. And I also recently photographed a painting of Dolly Parton that I did in the first year of uni that I just never got around to blogging about. That painting is based on a self-portrait by Frida Kahlo, we had to do a sort of mimicking transcription of a painting for that lesson, so it was Dolly with Kittens rather than Frida with Monkeys.

A thumbnail from the burlesque piece

"Self-Portrait with Cats" Dolly Parton painting


Yesterday was our little uni Christmas dinner, and me and my flatmate cooked up a lovely meal. It was a momentous occasion for me as it was the first time I truly mastered how to prepare proper gravy to my mom's recipe - really thick, gorgeously gloopy leek gravy. It made me so happy, I was very proud of myself! The lunch tasted amazing and we had a brilliant day. My Christmas presents included some amazing blingtastic earrings, a Katy Perry poster (I love her) and the amazing game Jet Set Radio Future that I used to play as a kid with my brother, brought back many memories. I also got an amazing fisheye filter for my nikon D40 from my amazing boyfriend Chris :) here's a few photos I got with it yesterday. (they showcase our deliciously tacky christmas decs quite nicely!)


Our Christmas lunch table, complete with mini Gingerbread Albert cottage and decorative centrepiece that resembles a unicorn horn

Bustylicious tree ornaments


Will probably be posting again soon as I have now got nothing much to do until I go home on Saturday, many random fisheye photos may follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment