Wednesday 3 November 2010

Freud

Hallowe'en has been and gone for another year, and this year I decided it was geeky reference time - Harry Potter style. So, for a lack of a ginger wig and quidditch robes I opted for the amazing Bellatrix LeStrange. I found an image of a dark mark tattoo and copied it onto my arm with a fineliner (don't try this at home!) and it looked kind of cool. Shame it's still there slightly!


Along with this on my left arm I had my friend Hannah (hi Hannah, I know you're stalking my blog, get one!) write "I heart Voldemort" on my arm just to make it clear what I was from. Lots of people said our costumes were pretty convincing although the only other accessories I had were a 75p vampire cape from Asda which broke as the night went on and a rather large branch from my back yard, whittled nicely into a wand. All in all a fairly successful costume.


I've been getting into reading for my dissertation this week, mostly centred around Freud and psychoanalysis. It's been pretty heavy reading entire chapters on the Oedipus complex, but it will all be worth it in the end, even though right now it seems kind of irrelevant.

The Daily Chalk is also going steady, it has been rather difficult getting camera settings right now that it's getting so dark so early. Darkness will be a benefit tonight though as there is a fireworks display down at the beach so maybe that slight pyrotechnical interlude will brighten up my week! Back to the sketchbook tomorrow though and maybe a bit of real inspiration..

No comments:

Post a Comment